About Noyce Scholars Grant
Getting a bachelor’s degree in science or mathematics? Planning to be a high school teacher?
The University of South Carolina now has Noyce Scholarships to help academically qualified students with financial need complete a bachelor's degree and MT/MAT certification program.
- This scholarship funds juniors, seniors, M.T. students and second year MAT science and mathematics students.
- Qualified students can be awarded up to $11,500 per year to complete a bachelor's degree and an MT/MAT degree program (only 2nd year MAT).
- Besides regular coursework, awardees will participate in a special seminar program to help build and support their subject matter content knowledge and teaching skills.
- Students must apply the last semester of their sophomore year (or possibly junior) year or at the end of your first year in the MAT science/math program.
- Students must teach high school science or mathematics in a high-need school district for 2 years for each year of Noyce scholarship received.
For more information on how to apply for these scholarships, click here.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. (1660700)